Saturday, March 1, 2014

[MLP/REVIEW/S4E16] It Ain't Easy Being Breezy

I'm surrounded by idiots...

Okay, I want a Sea Breeze plushy..



I certainly did NOT like this episode. I LOVED it! Let's review the positives:

1) it's a fluttershy episode that has NOTHING to do about shyness
2) Fluttershy apparently learned something in putting your hoof down after all
3) the breezies from Three's a Crowd are actually significant (yay continuity)
4) Sea breeze
5) cuteness overload and
6) CUTENESS OVERLOAD


It's pretty refreshing to see Fluttershy having progressed so since season one, and apparently making more progress now in a way that doesn't repeat half of all the other Fluttershy episodes from before, (See my review on Filli Vanilli) and I hope this is a sign of things to come for her. I'd love to see her get more interesting conflicts like this. I want her to be an interesting character, but untill two weeks ago and right now, she hasn't really been one in my opinion, but here's hoping.

On the topic of continuity, even though I didn't really care for the episode overall, the fact the Fluttershy leaving from Three's a Crowd was referenced and apparently wasn't just a plot device for that episode is kind of refreshing. I know it's not really completely necessary when there's no overarching plot and stories are contained in one or two episodes at a time, but it's still nice to see other episodes referenced and gone back to at times to make the show feel more natural and flowing.

What's next? SEA BREEZE! Okay, I love this guy. 99% chance he's never returning, but I'd still love to see him again at some time. (though I'm still hoping for him, cheese, coco, spitfire, and whoever gives twi and aj their keys to make an appearance in the season finale, but that's another topic that I'll write about later.) All the other breezies were cute for sure, but this one had some serious attitude, end even though he had to tone it down by the end of the episode, he was still a fun character.

The best thing about any fluttershy episode is cuteness, but thankfully, this episode didn't use it as a crutch like others have in the past. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want a Sea Breeze plushy.

So what was bad about this episode? Actually not all that much. I do have to say that the transformation spell at the end was kinda out of the blue, but it was worth it for the ending scene, not to mention the final gag.

Overall: 9/10 another solid key episode challenging one of the mane 6's elements. 99% next up is aj (cause, y'know, mane protagonist always gets the key first or last) then twi.

I'll be posting an opinion/speculation article later today about the keys and such, so new on the look out for that.

If you like this review and want more, be sure to tune in every week. I'll have reviews of each episode within a few hours of its airing.

No comments:

Post a Comment